So today I present you something different. Something that I have never done before (ever!) and you can look at it from both sides - I have never made a post about food on this blog and I had never cooked Couscous before. Usually I get inspired very easily. For example, inspiration to cook something like this took me just one step into the grocery store next to my school. Success!
I did not think that this experiment would turn out so good, so I was not sure whether I would post the recipe here, but it turned out very good (and simple!) so here you go:
To make this experimental food, you will need such things as:
- Couscous (d`ooh)
- Olive oil
- Red pepper
- Green peas
I am not really the best chef you could find around here, so my recipe will be pretty primitive. I started with the Couscous because it takes longer to make than the shrimps (thaw them before cooking).
- Start boiling about 250ml of water for your Couscous to rest in;
- Here you can get your inner crazy chef out and put various spices in the water. I added 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 clove of garlic, little bit of salt and curry (I added curry before and after putting in the Couscous);
- Then somehow figure out how much Couscous you will need to make that hunger go away (I filled one cup with it);
- Take a pan big enough for all the shrimpies so that they do not cover each other and make that thing hot enough to melt butter on it;
- Now take approx 50g of butter and melt it on the hot pan;
- While the butter suffers, clean the garlic and crush all the cloves so that it looks like in the picture below:
4. Then put all of the garlic on the buttery pan and stir it non-stop for approx 2 min;
5. Now put the shrimps in (check on them all the time and turn them around so both sides are well cooked and do this for about 3 minutes till they look close to orange) and smile because you are almost done;
My Couscous looked like this (still in the cooking process) without any vegetables. I think it looks quite acceptable for the first time:
And at the end you add all the vegetables you want while the Couscous is still in the cooking pot. Mix it all together, put it all on a plate, add shrimps on the top of it and INSTAGRAM THAT #FOOD! Congratulations! You are done and it took you only about 20 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed this post. If any questions, please ask them in the comment section below.